Monthly Archives: December 2010
I really really really wish this would end, but it won’t. It just won’t end. This chapter is just a waste of time reading and I swear all the characters are out of character.
Stats: Title:Wet Teeshirt Author:stevieLUVSAlex Summary: It’s the CAMPING trip that will change everything between the duo. Pranks… fun… friendly fire… and possiblly C&B fluff. You’re gonna love this. Rating: K+
A/N: I’m sorry it took so long to update. I was both out of internet credit and out of ideas.
Imagine that. What are you using, the library computer? Must be hard to write a book at a library that will never have it available for people to check out.
But now I am back on track, so thank you for your patience. Enjoy =)
I am sure I won’t enjoy.
Beckett was at a loss. Unable to come up with a good come back for castle,
I’m guessing the shift button on the keyboard at said library is broken. No, wait, never mind you capitalized Beckett.
she turned to Alexis for help. She and Ashley sat with Beckett one afternoon, when the sun beamed down on them, as they sat sun-baking on the beach.
“I need to get your father back,” Beckett insisted.
Yes, let’s lower HBIC to a new low and have to ask his daughter for help.
“Why don’t you play the shark game?” Ashley suggested gesturing towards the water. “That’s always a hoot. I have the fin if you want to borrow it.”
What the hell is the shark game, and why does he have a fin? Give a hoot, play the shark game?
Beckett shivered at the very idea. “No thanks, Ash. I don’t like sharks, its why I don’t swim in the beach water. He wouldn’t fall for it.”
Or it could be because its 40 effing degree’s outside.
The three of them pondered another idea.
Alexis sat up on the towel and grinned. “I got it!” she announced.
What, a cold?
Beckett was listening. “Okay…”
She turned to her boyfriend. “Don’t freak out on me, Ash.”
What, are you going to tell her dad that Ash gave her genital warts? Read the rest of this entry
Castle fanfic clichés. I know this is something I’ve covered many times. However, it is a topic that never seems to go away. Thus I bring you part two of my Castle Five Cliché Series- this time the Kate Beckett Clichés.
1. Kate Beckett is like an onion – This is a cliché that has roots in the season one episode “Home is Where the Heart Stops.” The quote references how Kate Beckett reads book reviews, which surprises Castle, leaving her to reply, “Oh, so many layers to the Beckett onion. How will you peel them all?” Sure, it was a great way to describe Beckett to an audience who, just like Castle, were getting to know who she is outside of her badge and gun persona. Since this is from season one, a season that only had 10 episodes, I will give all fanfic writers a free pass on using this if you wrote your fic before October 2009. Before that point we didn’t know a whole lot of info about her, but if you wrote your fic after that point, then shame on you for using this cliché. Why October of 2009? Because after that point, the second, and less used cliché was used to describe herself as a book. I don’t know about anyone else when you think of onion layers, but I think of Shrek. Ogres are like onions, and Kate Beckett is no ogre.
2. Kate Beckett smells like cherries – Once again, we have a phrase that was said once in one episode, and it has exploded beyond control in fanfics. Yes, we are all aware that Castle smelled her hair/neck area and commented that she smelled like cherries, and ever since then fanfic writers have been trying new ways of making sure that all fans are aware that Kate Beckett smells like cherries. Just what every girl wants to smell like, a walking fruit salad. There are two good examples of Kate Beckett smelling like cherries in fanfic. Example number one: Kate Beckett smells like cherries because it’s what her mother smelled like. Oh yes, every girl wants to smell like their dead mom every day. I know her mom’s death is very much part of the Kate Beckett persona, but she doesn’t need to smell like her. That’s creepy. Does her dad get turned on when his daughter is around because she smells like his deceased wife? Example number two: after having sex, Castle makes a comment telling her that she smells like cherries. This one puts a whole new meaning to the Marcy Playground song: Sex and Candy. I’m sorry, but after having sex, I truly doubt she still smells like cherries. And if she does, then it must not have been good sex.
3. Bitter Bitchy Beckett – I never understood why fanfic authors seem to make Kate Beckett bitter, and bitchy. Authors seem to be hooked on the Kate Beckett we saw in season one episode “Nanny McDead.” Of course in that episode she was bitchy and bitter. She had just got saddled with a civilian who almost got himself killed on her previous case. Wouldn’t you be bitter too? But that Beckett has grown since then. She’s accepted her partnership with a civilian. Sure she cracks jokes about his theories, and gives him a hard time. I don’t understand why authors must make her act like she hates Castle with a burning passion that rivals the energy the sun produces. I’m just going to chalk this one up to being Mary Sue Beckett.
4. Kate Beckett lives at the precinct – I don’t know why authors think that Kate Beckett has no life and thus spends all her time at the precinct. This cliché comes in many different disguises. Sometimes it dresses up as Castle tries to take her on vacation and gets the Captain and the guys help by reminding them she hasn’t taken a vacation day, ever. Or some clever authors dress it up as she’s at the precinct during the weekend, working on paperwork. On a few rare occasions Kate Beckett is found asleep at her desk the next morning having not left the precinct the night before. Once again, this one comes from once again, season one. In the episode “A Death in the Family,” Kate Beckett has the gang come back to work on the weekend and is mentioned that she had been there since the wee hours of the morning. I’m sure we all would do the same if we felt responsible for our ex being shot. However, since that episode, we’ve discovered that Kate has used up all her vacation time hunting for a new place, and that she has planned to go on a vacation with then boyfriend Tom Demming. I think it’s safe to say, she doesn’t live at the precinct and does take advantage of her vacation time.
5. Kate Beckett only drinks vodka – Are you starting to see the trend? All but one of these clichés have origins that go back to a season one episode. Yes, we all know that Kate Beckett spent a semester in Russia. Yes, we all know Kate Beckett likes vodka. But those two doesn’t mean that she only drinks vodka. We saw her drink a beer in “A Deadly Affair,” which was also when we were told she could drink you under the table. We’ve also seen her drink wine in season 2, therefore I am sure she drinks other alcoholic drinks besides vodka. Let’s not forget that in “Last Call” that it was too early for vodka-which shows that for Kate Beckett, there is a time and place for vodka. So do us all a favor, learn a new drink and have her drink it. Hell, give her a margarita for all I care.